Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Homemade Brownies

I have to admit that I for a long time I could not make homemade brownies that were as good as what I could make out of a box. They always had the wrong consistency, or they didn't taste chocolately enough...or hubby just didn't like them! I've finally made some that I love - and it only gets one dish dirty! Yay!

Chocolate Brownies
4 squares unsweetened chocolate
3/4 cup butter (1.5 sticks)
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
dash of vanilla (I never measure this. maybe a teaspoon?)(mint extract is also a yummy option)
1 cup flour
You could add a cup of nuts or chocolate chips or whatever, but Ben likes his brownies plain.

Melt the chocolate and butter together in a pan over low-medium heat (you could also do this in the microwave, but I'm sort of anti-microwave for cooking. I'm weird.). Stir in the sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and stir until it's well blended. Stir in the flour. Pour into a greased 13x9 pan and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Let it cool in the pan and then cut.

I made these last night and then sort of forgot that I left them on the counter...so they stayed out all night and I had a hard time getting them out of the pan this morning...and getting the dog to stay away while I dropped brownie crumbs all over the kitchen floor.

0 comments: