Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Bailey's Truffle Fudge recipe

As requested from last Friday's post, my recipe for Bailey's Irish Cream Truffle fudge. I can't eat more than one square or I get a tummy ache - so make sure you have lots of people to share with!

4 cups chocolate chips (or any combination of chocolate and vanilla chips, depending on your taste)
3 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 cup Bailey's Irish Cream
- Some people add nuts to this, I don't. I just don't think nuts go well with Bailey's. Add about a half cup if you like them

Melt the chocolate chips and butter together - I use a double boiler or a bowl set over steaming water so as not to overheat. Once melted, add the sugar and Bailey's and stir until it's smooth. (Add the nuts here if you want them, and mix well). Line an 8" pan with plastic wrap and lightly spray with cooking spray (or you can spray the pan directly, I like to lift the plastic wrap out after, either way works). Pour (or spoon) the fudge into the pan. Smooth out the top - I use another piece of plastic wrap and just press until the fudge is even and smooth.

For extra special fudge you can make this topping:
1.5 cups chocolate chips (or any combination of chocolate/vanilla)
2 Tbsp butter
4 Tbsp Bailey's

Melt the chocolate chips as you did for the fudge. Stir in butter and Bailey's until smooth. Spread over the top of fudge. You can smooth this layer with a piece of plastic wrap too.

Refrigerate for 1-2 hours while you lick the bowl.

0 comments: