Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Christmas Tree


A new family holiday tradition!! This was so exciting. A combination of holiday traditions (one of my favorite things) and me thinking that I'm outdoorsy (another of my favorite things.)! Let's just take note that this says "thinking" I'm outdoorsy. Because, dudes, I am so not outdoorsy. I own one pair of jeans, and I didn't even wear them out in the woods. I think I wore gray pants. And black boots with fluffy insides. That were most definitely not designed for use hiking through the woods in search of Christmas trees. I waded through several rivers (yeah okay, they weren't exactly rivers. But they were bigger than streams! Give me some credit here.), and walked through branches and brush and...found a Christmas tree! How fun.

We drove up to Rachel and Steve's on Sunday morning, hiked out in the woods with them (they are totally outdoorsy. Rachel wore a Carhardtt jacket and Sorel boots. This does not compare to my Columbia jacket and boots from Target.) and we found the most perfect Christmas tree! Ben and Steve sawed it down and carried it back to the house. My favorite part was making them stop mid-"river" so that I could take a picture of them being outdoorsy. Ben wouldn't let me wear Maddie in the Snugli carrier on the way back because he was afraid I'd fall into a river or something, which is probably an accurate assumption. So Rachel hiked back with Maddie strapped on, and then we got back and we had a lovely lunch of grilled cheese and soup and Maddie had a little nap! PLUS we got to go visit the farm and I got to pet lots of sheep!

I do love the holidays!!
















Can anyone explain why I look 4 feet tall here?





0 comments: