Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Witnessed Last Evening & Knitting Update

I got up from knitting last night and found everbody zonked out:


Maddie and Daddy




Duke:



Dozie (who really was sleeping and then I woke him up with the flashing camera)


In knitting news...I have a large variety of unfinished items. Three pairs of socks are awaiting mates. I'm making Madelyn a cardigan - the back is finished, and that's it so far. And, as usual, I'm working on "The Blankie":

Each of those squares is about 2" - I have to make like 800 of them to finish the blankie. I'm not joking. 800. I might finish by the time Maddie's a teenager. Maybe. It's all sock yarn and knit on Size 2 needles. Any sock knitters out there who care to part with their leftovers? The squares are little so I'm always looking for new little bits of sock yarn to incorporate. Plus I love that each of the different squares has a different story. The square way on the left (it's cut off in the picture) is from the very first pair of socks I knit - a gift for Baby Owen (he's almost 2 now) and his mom. The stripey blue/red/green/blue/white one is from the second pair I knit - a gift for my Aunt Laura a couple years ago. The blue one was a pair I knit for her for her birthday. And the big purple one and the stripey green/purple/pink one are from yarn that I dyed with some help from Karen when Ben was deployed. There's another bunch that came from my mom, and some that came from swaps I did with people on Ravelry. If you have extra you're willing to part with let me know! I'm always on the lookout for more!!


0 comments: