Thursday, December 4, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving! (a little late...)



Happy Thanksgiving! Yeah, I'm posting a little late...as usual. We had my parents, my brother, and my aunt down for Thanksgiving. I think this was the first year I finally decided I didn't need to go all Martha Stewart-esque. There was the year where I made everything - including the crackers that we had set out before dinner. We had seven guests. I made nine pies. And then I fell asleep at the dinner table. This year...cranberry sauce from a can, and potluck style everything else. My only responsibility was the turkey...which I bought and then got so busy Thanksgiving morning that I forgot to put it in the oven until somewhere around 11. And even then...my dad did it. Whatever - I was relaxed and enjoyed the time with my family, and as far as I'm concerned that's worth a whole lot more than the homemade cranberry sauce (which, honestly, I'll probably make next year).

The little munchkin enjoyed her first Thanksgiving and even wore a particularly festive little outfit. She even sat at the table with Daddy while we all ate. Ben decided that evening that we should get a Christmas tree as soon as possible. I think my attempt to convert him from Scrooge to Elf is almost complete. I'm thinking the baby helped.





0 comments: