Friday, December 19, 2008

Company Girl Coffee




Good Morning Girls!
It's been a rather long week here, we've been super busy getting ready for Christmas and Madelyn seems to have developed a distaste for naptime and discovered a fun new way to keep herself awake rather than nap - high pitched screaming. Luckily it isn't the same sort of "I'm mad!" or "I'm hurt!" sort of scream - it's a happy scream, just incredibly high pitched. So now the only way to get her to take a nap is to lay her down and let her do that for about three minutes, which totally wears her out, and then she'll konk out...for about ten minutes. I barely have any time to do anything - for the second day in a row when Ben got home yesterday I was still in my pajamas and unshowered.

We have overnight guests next week from Monday through Saturday, so I'm also trying to get three guest bedrooms tidied up and ready. I'm almost there; I think by the time everyone arrives I should be pretty much finished. Today I'm hoping to at least get all the guest beds made up.

I'm not even close to finished with all the Christmas gift crafts I was supposed to have finished by now, and I have yet to wrap a single gift! I did finish one of the four scrapbook calendars, one pair of socks for Ben, and I've partially finished some of the ornaments for my grandmothers. At least I still have a few more days to finish! Here are some of my favorite pages from the first scrap-calendar:

Three more to go! I also need to finish another pair of socks and put the final touches on the ornaments. And I still have holiday baking to do! I'm hoping to get some of that done tomorrow. I'm trying not to take on too much this season so I can really enjoy it with Maddie, so my parents will be bringing our traditional Christmas breakfast - homemade cinnamon rolls (usually burnt by my dad). And we're having fairly simple dinners for the holidays - New England Clam Chowder for Christmas Eve, and Prime Rib for Christmas Day. Simple and yummy!

I'm also really looking forward to after-Christmas knitting! I have a couple projects I want to start for myself that I can't get to with all the Christmas gift knitting!

Hope you're all having fun this season!






11 comments:

Rachel Anne said...

The calendar looks awesome! How are you making it? Online? Through iphoto? I shoulda done one...your family will love yours.

sounds like you have a busy day! i keep having interruptions so my Christmas preparations are getting squeezed. Today, some baking and cleaning. Maybe shopping before the cold front comes through.

Dani said...

I love scrapbooking! You did a great job on the calendars. I'm trying to get a gift done for my husband...a scrapbook about he and his dad (who passed away last year). But I struggle with time to, because my 9 month old has also figured out the screaming thing a nap time. Hopefully, it is a quick stage. Have a great Christmas!

Carol said...

Wow! Can I borrow you for a week? I am still trying to finish scrapbooking my Disney photos from 2007! Great job!

Anonymous said...

I love the calendars too! You sure you don't want to start a business and sell them??? I'd send you my photos. Heck...I'll send you all the scrapbooking I need to do. My poor nephew is 3 and I was supposed to have his first year done but his 1st birthday. sigh***** good luck and Merry CHRISTmas!

Forgetfulone said...

I love your paper crafts! You should join us for Sunday Scrappin'. sundayscrappin.blogspot.com Small, fun meme.

What a busy week! Thanks for having me over for coffee.

secondofwett said...

I remember when my eldest was about 3 months old, when my hubby came home one day...she was in her room crying and I was in our room crying...he didn't know who to go to first.....she was a very active baby and rarely slept during the day....just wee cat naps! I hope you get all your preps done....you're very ambitious! Thanks for your kind thots abt my doggie.

Forgetfulone said...

Thanks for the tip about the candles! They are too yummy to go to waste.

Anonymous said...

we've been making calendars for the grandparents too. yours looks great! good luck finishing all your christmas stuff.

http://www.xanga.com/joycelau319

Erin said...

What a great idea, making calendars. They look great.

mholgate said...

Hi there! It sounds like you are one busy mommy! Every year I say I am going to make crafts for Christmas, and every year it sneaks up on me and I totally miss the mark! This year, it was due to snow. I haven't even made it to the store to pick up my photo cards yet!

My friend grabbed a copy of your fudge recipe. We're going to make it for New Year's. Every year we have our friends out from the west side of the mountains. Hope they can make it this year with all the snow!!!

Blessings! Have a wonderful Christmas. : )

-Melissa

Erin said...

You asked about the paper used for my Christmas cards. Two different packs were used. The paper featured in both pictures (on the card) was from a pack of Christmas paper bought at Target several years ago.

The second pack, where the green stripe paper seen in the second picture, and the stamps used were bought from Close to My Heart. I love their products, and in fact got me into scrapbooking because they make it so easy.

Thanks for stopping by.